A Shopping Guide to Walmart
**Updated with the NEW Walmart Coupon Policy***
Before I started couponing I shopped Walmart almost exclusively and although their everyday prices can often times be pretty good they can’t compare to combining coupons and sales. However if Walmart is the store you need to shop at or just wish to shop at there are definitely ways to get the best bang for your buck.
Walmart does have a corporate coupon policy that you can read here.
Walmart accepts the following types of coupons (see guidelines below):
- Manufacturers’ coupons
- Print-at-home internet coupons
- Must be legible, have “Manufacturer Coupon” printed on them, have a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date, and have a scannable bar code.
- Competitors’ coupons that feature a specific item for a specified price
- for example, $2.99
- Soft drink container caps
- Checkout coupons
- (also called “Catalinas”) that are printed at our competitors’ registers, have “Manufacturer Coupon” with specific requirements printed on them, a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date, and a scannable bar code.
Walmart does not accept the following coupons:
- Print-at-home Internet coupons that require no purchase
- Competitors’ coupons for dollars/cents or percentage off, buy one get one free, and double- or triple-value coupons
The following are guidelines and limitations:
- Only one coupon per item is permitted.
- Coupons must have an expiration date and be redeemed prior to expiration.
- Coupons may exceed the price of the item. Change may be given or applied toward the cost of the basket purchase.
- Walmart only accepts coupons for merchandise that we sell.
- Coupons must be presented at the time of purchase.
- We accept the following with Customer Service Supervisor/Management approval:
- 40 or more coupons
- Any coupon over $20
- $50 or more in coupons in one transaction
Walmart allows price matching competitor store ads, read the policy here.
In order to price match at Walmart you will need to bring the competitor stores ad with you to show the cashier the sale price.
- they do not price match buy one get one free items
- they do not price match percent off items
- they do not price match items that say, buy this and get this for free
- they ONLY price match items that show an exact price
- You CAN use a coupon on a price matched item for even more savings
By using coupons, price matching and stocking up when Walmart has deeply discounted items you can shop Walmart exclusively and cut your grocery budget.
- Walmart Shopping a How To
- A Shopping Guide to Kroger
- A Shopping Guide to Aldi
- Walmart Shopping 6/26/10
- Walmart Freebies and Cheapies