A Shopping Guide to Kroger
I really had not planned on posting this so late however we ended up being gone all evening.
I know a lot of my readers have Publix, Albertson’s, Meijer, Safeway or Jewel…..we have Kroger! Before I was a coupon shopper I almost never shopped at Kroger. I thought that everything was there too high compared to Walmart. That is partly true, most of the everyday prices are much higher. However by taking advantage of sales and coupons it can make it much lower. I just didn’t know that then.
Things to know when shopping Kroger:
- The first thing you need to do is sign up for their loyalty card. It is free and it will ensure that you are able to get the sale prices.
- Kroger accepts manufacturers coupons as well as internet printable coupons
- Kroger also accepts eCoupons that can be loaded directly to your Kroger loyalty card. Those coupons can be obtained here, here and here.
- If you have a Kroger loyalty card and they have your correct address you will start receiving coupons in the mail specifically to use at Kroger. Sometimes they even send out coupons for free items.
- The Kroger in West Frankfort, Herrin and Marion double coupons up to 50cents. I am not positive about any of the other Krogers in Southern Illinois.
- Kroger does not have a corporate coupon policy. Some things can vary by region. If you are not sure you can always call your local Kroger for more details.
My Take on Kroger: For me I think Kroger is really a pretty good store. Most weeks they offer some good sales, I am able to pair up coupons with those sales and stay under budget. Of course some weeks there are better sales than others but I think that is with any store. The bulk of my shopping has been done there over the last 2 1/2 years.
I have to admit though I have been known to get a little jealous when some of these bloggers can go to Publix or one of the other grocery stores and spend $5 on $200 worth of groceries. I do wish we had a little more to choose from.
Do You Shop Kroger or a Kroger affiliate? Do they double coupons and if so how high do they double them? Do you feel that you can get deals that are as good as some of the other major grocery chains?
- A Shopping Guide to Aldi
- Kroger Shopping 9/10
- Kroger Shopping: Add up the Savings Event Pt. 1 8/8/10
- Kroger Shopping 5/21/10
- Kroger a How to