A Shopping Guide to Aldi
Tonight I am starting a series in which I will be discussing most of the local stores we have available to shop at for grocery and household needs. For each store I will highlight information about coupons, sales and what is the best way to utilize that store.
If you have an Aldi in your town you may already know that it is the ultimate no frills store. This is a great place to shop for those of you that are just way too busy to clip coupons and visit 5 different stores!
Things you must know when shopping Aldi
- Make sure to have a quarter handy. In order to keep costs low at Aldi you need to insert a quarter to release the cart so you can use it.
- Although Aldi seems to be getting more name brands all the time most of their stock is Aldi store brands.
- Aldi has some of the lowest prices on canned goods, milk and produce around.
- Aldi does not accept coupons.
- At Aldi you must either bring your own reusable bags, find empty boxes throughout the store or purchase bags at the register for a few cents each.
- Aldi does not employ very many cashiers which is another way to keep costs down. Because of this be prepared that the line may be long. Also cashiers do not bag your groceries. They will stack them in a cart and then you will have to bag them yourself.
My Take on Aldi
Early in our marriage when my husbands salary was much lower I shopped exclusively at Aldi. We as a family enjoyed almost everything they offer in their store brands
These days I don’t shop Aldi hardly ever, since I started using coupons. Recently though I have been pondering only doing the “rock bottom” deals at other stores and then finishing up at Aldi. Since the only major grocery store we have is Kroger I often find my groceries to be much higher than I want them to be. I actually think I may try this on Friday when I head out for my big shop.
So what are your thoughts on Aldi? Are you an avid Aldi Shopper? Do you enjoy their store brand items?
Come Back tomorrow when I discuss Kroger.
- Stocking up On Green Beans at Aldi 8/27/10
- Aldi Best Deals of the Week 1/31/10
- Walmart Shopping 7/30: A Blast from the Past
- Aldi Shopping 12/4
- Grocery Shopping 11/7 Kroger Aldi & Walmart