50 Ways to Save Even if You Aren’t a Coupon Queen (16-20) Cheap Entertainment!
16) Kids Eat Free Restaurants! – When making the decision to take the family out to dinner always look for “Kids Eat Free” nights! Not paying for the kiddos to eat can knock a nice chunk out of the bill. Also when dining at your favorite Kid Friendly Family Restaurant consider drinking water. At most sit down restaurants these days that can knock around $2 per person off the tab.
17) Discount Theater or Freebie Night at the Movies- We don’t head to the movie theater alot however sometimes a movie comes out and we just want to go to the theater. I don’t know how many dollar movie theaters there are still out there but I do know there are some discount theaters. We have an old, really old theater in town that has $2.75 Matinees and is $4.50 for all shows after 6pm. Find out if you have any type of a discount theater near you. Also see if your theater has any night of the week where they run a special. For instance Kerasotes Theaters runs a Free Popcorn Tuesday at some of their theaters.
18) Use Redbox or Netflix! - Have a very inexpensive movie night in. Redbox offers $1 New Releases all the time. To find out more about Redbox or to find your nearest Redbox Kiosk head here. Make it even easier and have the movies come to you. Netflix sends movies to your mailbox and you can watch on your computer as well. Their lowest package is only $8.99/mo.
19) Head to your local Library - The Library is just not for books. You can use the internet for free and you can check out videos for free just like you do books! Free is always good in my book.
20) Discover all your Local Freebies – Parks, Museums, bike trails, hiking and more. Get on the internet or head to your local tourism bureau and find out all the hidden treasures in your local area.
Family Fun does not have to be expensive and in a lot of cases it can be free if you just put a teeny bit of effort into it.
- 50 Ways to Save Even if You Aren’t a Coupon Queen (11-15)
- 50 Ways to Save Even if You Aren’t a Coupon Queen (6-10)
- 50 Ways to Save Even if You Aren’t a Coupon Queen (1-5)
- Common Sense Media: What are Your Kids Watching?
- Date Night Opens April 9th 2010