Tech Thrifty Thursday: Sign Up For Savings On Hotel Stays!
This is a guest post from my husband’s blog: www.garyfarnam.org
Most of us like to get away from time to time, even if it’s just for an overnight or weekend trip.
Just keep in mind, there are big savings that many people don’t take advantage of when planning even the smallest of trips.
You can use email and website technologies to do more with your money on something you were going to do anyways!
How Can I Save Money On Hotel Stays?
- Sign up for that hotel chain’s newsletter-Find your favorite hotel’s website and sign up for their weekly/monthly newsletter before you book a hotel stay. By doing this, you’ll always know what hotel deals are upcoming and you can take advantage of them. This seems so simple, but again, so many people do not take advantage of the free information!
- Sign up for that hotel chain’s Rewards program-Many hotels have some sort of point earnings program. For example, if you stay “X” amount of nights between these dates, you’ll earn a free night’s stay. Those little free night’s stays can be a great getaway for later on!
- Credit Card Rewards-A lot of credit cards also reward you for hotel stays. You can find the best credit card rewards online that offer cash back for stays, or offer you points. Those points can be traded in later for great rewards. Just be mindful of the interest on those types of cards so that your savings don’t get easily sucked up in fees.
- Other Rewards Programs-another great way to maximize your ability to do more with your money is to be a part of a points program such as MyPoints. With MyPoints you earn “X” amount of points per dollar spent on your hotel stay/travel arrangements. The points are good toward the MyPoints gift card program where your points can then be traded in for $10, $25, and even $50 gift cards to some of your favorite retailers, both online and offline. When you stay at any of these hotels or use any of these services, you could be racking up big points towards great gift cards (I’ve cashed in for several so far):
- Best Western
- Candlewood Suites
- Choice Hotels
- Comfort Inn
- Comfort Suites
- Crowne Plaza
- Fairmont Hotels
- Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hotel Indigo
- Intercontinental Hotels and Resorts
- Le Meridien
- Mercure Hotels
- Motel 6
- Novotel Hotels
- Sleep Inn
- Sofitel Hotels
- Staybridge Suites
- W Hotels
- Wynn Las Vegas
AND, you also can earn points through booking services, air travel and car rentals:
- Alaska Air
- Bed and Breakfast
- Delta Airlines
- Dollar Rent a Car
- Fox Rent a Car
- Funjet Vacations
- LAN Airlines
- Luxury Link
- Southwest Vacations
- United Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- Tech Thrifty Thursday: More iTunes For Your Money
- Tech Thrifty Thursday: Making a Little Extra Money
- Earn Points Toward a $50 CVS Pharmacy or Walgreen’s Gift Card with MyPoints
- Have you Tried My Points?
- Tech Thrifty Thursday: Sign Up To Save