WFMW: Easy and Inexpensive Dinners

• Sharebar

dscf2026 (Modified)

When it comes to making dinner I don’t want to spend a lot of money or a lot of time.

Last night we only had about 20 minutes from the time hubby walked through the door and walked back out.  He had to be at the Church at 10 til 5 and the girls had to be there at 6.  So we had a super easy meal that everyone loves.

Here is my ingredient list:

1 1/4 lb Pork Loin

1 Bottle BBQ Sauce

Spray your crockpot with cooking spray or use a crockpot liner.  Add a little BBQ Sauce to the bottom then put in the meat and cover with the rest of the sauce.  Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8 hours.  Time may vary depending on your crockpot.  You want the meat to fall apart when you pierce it with a fork.

When it’s done serve it on buns and whatever sides you wish.  Normally we have a couple but last night was busy so we just had organic blue corn chips.

This also works great with chicken breast or beef.  I use whatever meat we find at the cheapest price.  1 1/4lb works perfect for our family of 4 (2 Adults and 2 Preteen girls) giving everyone 1 sandwich and having enough meat for at least 3 more.

Another super easy meal we love around here is soft shelled tacos or burritos.

Here is how I make them:

1 1/4 lb boneless chicken, pork or beef

1 jar favorite salsa

Put it in the cockpot exactly as above.  Fill warm tortillas with meat mixtures, fresh veggies, shred cheese and sourcream.  Serve with refried beans and corn on the side.  My girls love this one also!

Here are a few other very easy meals that we enjoy.

Brown Rice and Lentil Casserole

Lentil Tacos

Brown Rice and Black Bean Casserole

Since it is cold outside right now I enjoy to make soups, stews and chili in the crockpot.  Very little work and most of them cost very little and that Works for Me!

What are your favorite easy and inexpensive dinners?

Linked to : Coupon Teacher, Melissa’s Bargain Blog, Blessed with Grace, The Persimmon Perch, Balancing Beauty and Bedlam, All the Small Stuff, Life as Mom, The Grocery Cart Challenge, The Finer Things, Life as Mom

11 Responses to “WFMW: Easy and Inexpensive Dinners”

1. Thanks for the links to great recipes. I love pulled pork made in the crock! Thanks for linking to TMTT this week.

2. 'Becca says:

Here are some of my favorites:
    Pasta Salad to eat hot or cold
    American Beanwich tastes kind of like a McDonald’s cheeseburger but without the pink slime and with healthy fiber.
    Spinach-ghetti
    Recipes for canned salmon and sardines
    Pasta dish made with leftover vegetables
    Honey Baked Lentils take an hour or so in the oven, but they’re really easy to mix up from cheap, shelf-stable ingredients, and then you can do something else while they’re baking! And they are SO yummy!

3. admin says:

Thanks Becca for all your recipes. I am always looking for easy, inexpensive and healthier versions of meals to feed my family.

~Amber

4. Shelly says:

Thanks for linking up! I love recipes!

5. SkylarKD says:

We make a similar recipe with chicken. I love how it just falls apart in the slow cooker – mmmmmm!

The lentil taco recipe looks interesting! I think I’ll try it – even though my Hubby is likely to say “where’s the meat?!” LOL

6. admin says:

SkylarKD, the lentil tacos are really good. Even my hubby and picky 11 yr old love them. The lentils just soak up the flavors of the seasoning very well. ~Amber

7. Melissa says:

Thanks for linking up to my Thrifty Thursday post! I’ve got a lot of pork in my freezer because there have been so many good deals lately. I’ll have to try making it with the salsa!

8. angie says:

I have made these recipes often and love to share great cheap recipes on my blog as well

9. It’s nice to have some frugal, easy go-to meals at the ready!

10. [...] 17. TDC – An Ice Cream Maker in the Mail18. Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet (Blessing Others In Crisis)19. live once juicy (GF Stuffed Peppers or Cabbage)20. Diann @ The Thrifty Groove- planning ahead21. Sweet Sweet Reality (My Proudest Mommy Moment)22. Lauren @ Leaving a Legacy23. Jackie @ Blessings Overflowing (When Bad Things Happen)24. Houstonmom (visit China by shopping asian market) 25. HoosierHomemade{Power of 3}26. Jenny @ THe Zepf Life (Feeling a little torn)27. Mary Jo28. Amy @ Never-True Tales (Won’t you be my neighbor post!)29. Jami@ An Oregon Cottage(Family Cleaning Night)30. Jennifer @ Adventures in McQuilland (Coming Together)31. Amber: Easy and Inexpensive Dinners [...]

11. [...] Tuesday we had BBQ Pork Sandwiches served on wheat buns with Organic Blue Corn Chips.  Super easy meal, loved by all in our [...]

Leave a Response